Monday, August 30, 2010

Mum's 90th birthday

We just celebrated my mother's 90th birthday. I didnt want a surprise party for her, as I felt surprises, however pleasant might not be good for her age. We had about 40 people over and held it at our local club and had a private room to ourselves. Everyone had a ball. The grandkids entertained us with singing, and I did a powerpoint presentation on the life and times of Mrs Leela Chander! It was great, digging out old sepia coloured photographs and projecting them. The whole family was covered in stages. We had a gorgeous spread, and our home was literally bursting with blooms. I was glad my husband and I were able to do this for her.
I think this generation of old mothers are lucky as we still feel we owe a lot to our parents and really care for them.
I keep wondering what the future holds for us....this generation of parents, children abroad, and we the parents very independent and reluctant to trouble our children by landing up on them.
Well, we will get to know sooner or later, but I am not going to feel sorry for ourselves!

Here is the presentation...

1 comment:

  1. the pics were quite nostalgic and reminds me of my aunt who collects and saves these black and white pics (and the associated memories)!!!

    ReplyDelete